25 April 2012

The Loft Sticks Cues Up iTeam's Ass

Sticks 9
iTeam 6

We played a close match. A few games definitely could have gone our way. We had them in the palm of our hand but let them slip away. I think we need to work on our doubles. I would like to organize a team pool night one sunday before the playoffs start where we all play with each other and see who the best doubles pairings are. Right now I like Jeremy/June, Ralph/Enda, Greg/Arno for our playoff top three. I like Arno/Allen and Arno/Johnny and Johnny/Allen as well. Tell me your thoughts. Overall, we are doing well in this tough stretch -- pretty far from embarrassing ourselves. Word around the campfire is that some of the other teams say we suck and we're overrated and shit like that. Little by little we are proving those motherfuckers wrong.


Some interesting stats:


  • We have been involved in seven "special games" in thirty games played, which comes in at 23% of the time or just short of one every four games. 
  • In the last three weeks we won twenty games and lost twenty-five. 
  • we only won three out of the last nine doubles matches (that's where are struggles are)
  • i have been involved in 4 special games in my last six matches (three went against me!)
  • In a side note, Stevie has been cheating by using house cues that already know the tables, lol (from Ogier News

         The Dewey Song Pool Tournament          

If people are interested, let's do a Saturday or Sunday pool tournament where the winners donate all winnings to Dewey Song for his mounting medical bills. 

I would like to host it at RAndy's Bar. I have a great system for putting the brackets up on the TV screen so you can follow the action. I was thinking 20,000 per person. Like most tournaments, all the money will go to Dewey. 

I suggest next Sunday, if possible (Johnny, can you bring your Bulldogs my way for a week?). Other days can be arranged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...