29 August 2012

8 G-Love
7 Velvet Fingers

We edged out the Velvet Fingers with big nights from Micky Denise Han and Johnny Magyaros, who beat "Ether" -- one of their highest-ranked players. Ether was upset with a foul that I didn't call on Johnny. I didn't see any foul. Even if it was, he had a pretty easy table to run out of only four balls. He elected to re-rack and then Johnny kicked his ass after a pretty good timeout (pat myself on the back). The decisive 8th game was an 8-ball runout against Pabi and Ether by Enda Yo Life and I. Enda hit two spectacular shots to give me really good shape to finish. I'm really happy that 8 ball dropped. Jeremy played well except for a few shots against Jumie, but got no love from the JR table. Greg lost one but held onto most of his points. I went 2 for 3 and went up 8 points. June/Micky had a big night, Enda had a big night, probably deserved to beat Pabi, and Johnny had a big night (although he blew an 8 ball -- hit them softer, team).

All in all, a great win. Next week is Estyle or Woodstock, can't remember and soon we will reschedule with the Wonky Triangles and get our team ranking up!!

G-Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...