21 March 2012

Week Ten 합격!

iTeam 10 - 5 Dolce Vita

Great night. I thought that sweet life had a good chance against us and we hung in there and played well enough for an important 10-5 win over Jim Dewey's team. There are a few really good shooters on that team. Im falling asleep i typed tea instead of team. "They have a really good tea!" I'll check in tomorrow. I'm blogging using the phone now, which is a pain.

On the computer now. There's no "i" in team, except on iTeam.

June has been playing abso-fucking-luba-toosy great week in and week out. Her streak came to an end at 10 - fantastic! Greg has flattened out but is still leading the team, playing a solid lead-off game every match. One more hot-streak and he'll be over 1900 again. He's definitely one of the top 10 players in the IPL (sex change or not, 'scuse me?). We had Enda Yo Life play again last night. I really enjoyed the doubles game with him. We had a tough shot and just picked up the cue ball and handed it to them. They then went on to have a massive brain freeze and shit all over themselves. The funny thing is that I ended up with a slightly easier version of the shot that Enda didn't want to shoot, the shot that made us hand them the cue ball, the move that deconstructed them psychologically. It's amazing how the average IPL player crumbles when directly challenged.

Johnny "Side Pocket" just missed an 8-ball run is his first game. He shot out the first 7 and had a decent leave for an 8-ball cut-shot into the corner pocket but flubbed it. I guess he was thinking about the run. I am often guilty of that. He went 2 out of 3 and lost around 9 points on the night. That's the chess rating system applied to pool for you. He also had to take about 20 shots at the left-side pocket last night, making about 15 of them. Thus he is dubbed Johnny Side Pocket.

Frustrating night for Arno, but he still managed to go 2 for 3. That's the sign of a really good player. He won the first singles on strong mental play and I'm really not sure how he and Johnny won the doubles. One thing I noticed last night is Jumi "Tequila Jo" really played badly. I remember her being really quite good. I don't know if she just had a bad night or really isn't as good anymore.

I practiced like dog shit. I couldn't make a single ball and then went on to be totally confident and make every hard shot I was given, weaving through Tom Vu's defense with not a worry in the world (I love nights like that!). I heard Enda saying "Quality" in my second singles game as the cue ball rolled into fine shape for the 8 after blasting a long corner-pocket shot with lots of spin on the cue-ball. I finally passed 1800. In terms of "the Bet" I'm on top by about 50 points right now. Anybody want to up the ante, Jeremy? I know that Johnny does. He was saying so last night. Anybody else want to make side bets?

Bonuses/Penalties
I made a little poll on the right sidebar for you to vote YES or NO on the issue. It it right under the slide show of photos.

Money tournament coming up. Who's going to play?


       Side Note:       
I have .avi files of an instructional pool series called the Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (I-V). If you would like them, just give me a memory stick and I'll copy them and bring them for you (You will need some memory). I really recommend them. They are entertaining, smart, and useful. It covers simple things like hitting massive draw to tougher concepts like banking/kicking systems. There's an important section on defense and some other cool things. You can see clips on youtube.com but watching the whole thing is more useful and makes you want to go and practice.


 
  THE BET



No. 1 - Ra!ph-Michael "Laugh" Chiaia1811189




No. 2 - Jeremy Anton175373




No. 3 - Johnny Magyaros1737187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...